Under pressure from Indian fascists, New York Times has printed an op-ed today by Indian Ambassador to the USA titled: “India Is Building a More Prosperous Kashmir.” It is extremely critical that you all respond to this utter nonsense that one million Indian soldiers locking up 8 million Kashmiris is progress.
Do these three things today:
1, Comment on the actual oped: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/opinion/india-pakistan-kashmir-jammu.html
2. Write Letters to the Editor of the New York Times. It is unacceptable to publish opeds that normalize fascism and the occupation of Kashmir. email@example.com word limit 150 words
3. Tweet out with the hashtag #LetKashmirProsper
- This is normalizing fascism
- More than 50 countries in the
- United Nations called on India to stop human right violations in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Six professors from India’s top science institutions have appealed to the Modi government to lift the blockade of academic and research institutions in #Kashmir.
- August was peak tourism season.
- This lockdown has devasted the tourism industry
- The lockdown came during peak
- harvest season https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-kashmir-economy-idUSKBN1W4048?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d8316021588af0001483e3b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
Here are some sample tweets:New York Times @nytimes can stop normalizing fascism but not publishing opeds by a regime that has 8 million people in lockdowm #LetKashmirProsper Click To Tweet India can #LetKashmirProsper @NYTimes if it lets Kashmiris decide for themselves how they should be governed Click To Tweet Open the landlines and internet #LetKashmirProsper Click To Tweet India can stop torturing children as young as 11 in Kashmir @NYTimes #LetKashmirProsper Click To Tweet Stop shutting down the internet. India has the highest number of internet shutdowns in the world—more than Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan combined, impacting Kashmiri lives and livelihoods. #LetKashmirProsper @NYTimes Click To Tweet One million Indian soldiers locking up 8 million Kashmiris is NOT progress. @NYTimes #LetKashmirProsper Click To Tweet Don’t kill people. 42,000 lives to conflict over the last three decades. #LetKashmirProsper @NYTimes @nytopinion Click To Tweet Stop using tear gas on residents #Let KashmirProsper @NYTImes Click To Tweet How about @NYTimes @nytopinionIndia can stop using pellet guns on innocent people #LetKashmirProsper Click To Tweet Maybe India can remove checkpoints and let people move with freedom #LetKashmirProsper @NYTimes Click To Tweet How about India stop mass detentions and torture #LetKashmirProsper @NYtimes @NYTopinion Click To Tweet India can #LetKashmirProsper @NYTimes if it lets Kashmiris decide for themselves how they should be governed Click To Tweet This is not how you #LetKashmirProsper "The disruption of internet and telecommunications and the restrictions on movement in Jammu and Kashmir placed vulnerable populations at risk, including in accessing crucial medical services. Under… Click To Tweet